Had mri Monday in need of help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, almost 4 years I had a benign tumour in my skull, thankfully it was completely removed and for the past 4 years I've had follow up scans just to check its all ok and it has been, but I always had the scan then about 2 hours after it I would get the resu,to face to face with my consultant. But the scan I had Monday afternoon I could not get an appointment so they said they would phone me with the results instead if something's wrong, and if it's all fine I'll just see my consultant in March. However, I've got no idea if anything is wrong, and I'm sure it's not as all my consultants are really confident Evrything is fine but I suffer from anxiety so I'm still quite abit scared. But it's been like 3-4 days now and I still have not received a call so hopefully this is a good sign? This is on the nhs in England, any help would be much appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im sure everything will be fine, for your own peace of mind maybe give your dr a ring as results will be passed on to them, im sure if anything untoward was found you would have been notified.  or maybe it could be as they said if nothing wrong just see your consultant in march. 
  • Posted

I had an mri saturday and because something showed up she told me it would be put through as urgent before I even got off the bed, then I chased them and it was reported on and found out wednesday my arm was broken. If things that need attention show up theyre generally able to pick it up whilst doing the mri thus getting people who need attention reported on quicker, although it took a few days because there was a whole pile of urgents and broken bones are less urgent than for example tumours, so its likely you would have heard by now, yes
    • Posted

I'll add I was an outpatient not A+E, I broke my arm 3 weeks ago while I dislocated my shoulder and it was missed, was referred for MRI when I went backa  few days later because I couldn't lift my arm up, although he tried and put me in agony!

• Posted

Just wanted to give an update. Got a call back and everything is completely fine, thank you all for your support!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.