Had PE, on warfarin, have brittle asthma, just finished steroid medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is this common? Worried, had PE couple years ago after misdiagnosed as asthma, shortness of breath (no wheeze), put on warfarin after treatment. Recently had a course of steroids for asthma, course finished, still short of breath and have numbness, cramp like feel to calfs, especially right calf, feel exhausted, tired, am a tad worried about the way I feel as is not usual, almost feel slightly odd. Had INR three days ago, had dropped to lowest point but was still in range...just....am I paranoid?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

couple of questions -- Did they ever determine what caused the PE a couple of years ago?    With the leg cramp in the right calf, have you recently had an ultrasound of that leg to rule out new clots?  

We're all paranoid!  :-)   

But it's important to be your own advocate.  I don't call it paranoia any more. I call it "self awareness".

• Posted

Yes, pe two years ago. Trying to find compatible anti depressant as very low.  Seems only choice of four, tried them all. No remission. Advice needed
    • Posted

hi ya,

try going out on your own for a day, away from distractions, by yourself, look inwards.

maybe with time, you will Identify root causes for depression, questions unanswered and so on...- (it's like computer diagnostics & selecting a restore point on a computer)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.