Had polio when i was 7. I'm 75 now

Posted , 2 users are following.

My muscles were dead in my left leg.nothng helped..over the last couple years my left foot is turning out.. a Dr suggested i. Have a rod inserted in the bone..kind of afraid of that..anyone having this problem. ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Georgia,

This does sound very drastic, but I have not had any experience of this.  My left ankle gives way a great deal, and a surgeon once said he could fuse the bones, that it may help, but was a big operation.....I decided not to have it done, but find walking very difficult.  I am 73.  My friend Bob has an old injury to his left ankle, and is waiting to have a rod inserted as soon as the hospital call him.  He is the same age.  The surgeon told him he will even be able to play golf after the op.  He has an appointment this week with the hospital, so I can let you know how he gets on.  He is the same age as I am....

Very difficult decision for you.

With my very best wishes, Marion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.