Had surgery 4wks ago for 7 level lumber degenerative spinal sttenosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can someone please give me advive I am 67 llady who is only 4 wks out of surgewry and can only manage small sit downs of 10-15 mins na dspend alot of time lying down I am worried I am lying down too much 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What is the normal time for recoveryi know it will take awhile x
  • Posted

Hi Beryl

Sorry I'm no help.....I've got kypho scoliosis and am your age but they wont operate.

So I dont really know but i would be interested to find out as well

Take care

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

HI Eileen I was always told mine was unoperable until this year and i found 2 fantastic surgeons who have given me a new lease of life. I live in the Manchester area if you are interested in knowing who they are. I had mine done privately  but they do the op on the NHS as well but I don't know how long the wait would be but my spine was starting to crumble so i had to have it done ASAP   I am still in early recovery even after 2 months. It could take between 6-12 months  for full recovery I was told. i am tired all the time and it is an effort to walk so i have to rest a lot in between.  I also have a leg length discrepancy after 3 hip ops to my right hip. which hasn't helped matters. Good luck  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.