had trigeminal neauralgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

had trigeminal neauralgia, beleive me I went through years of hell, eventually a neaurosurgen opperated and done a nereve block and for months after I had bag headaches but the whole opperation was worth it have been pain free for 4 years now and hope it does never come back, what ever drs tell you (teeth out, medications etc) nothing works so ,don't waste time with it all just see a good surgen and have the nerve block done, put up with headaches for a couple of months then live a normal life again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary and congratulations for your successful surgery.  what symptoms did you have while having TN?  are you sure it was that?
  • Posted

Hi Garry I live in Australia and haveTN.Fortunately I am in remission but I know it's wise to be on a surgeons books in case.This is the second time in remission.2 yrs ago. It was from V1. Now it's from stage V2.done a lot Of research but don't know what a nerve block is.Maybe a different name in Oz. Best wishes. Can you tell me?
  • Posted

When it fisrt comes on it only lasts a few days then wwhen the next attack comes it last a bit longer until after about 3 years the pain is there 24/7, It's like you have an open nerve in the root of a tooth and someone is poking at it all the time,it is the worst pain I have had in my entire life. I could barely talk had to put pressuer on the gum where the pain was to be able to get some words ot. it's not actually called a nerve block it is called microvascular decompressionn and beleive me it works. Sorry to say but remission won't last long it just keeps comming back worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.