Hair loss in scalp but excess hair in body

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys

I have hair loss on my scalp - even if I'm just sitting at my desk my chair is covered in hairs! Its not just when brushing or washing my hair

what's weird is that I have excess hair growing in places that I don't want them- I'm a female and I have hairs under my chin, around my nipples, on my stomach and below belly button, in my lower back etc so all the places a man would usually have hair.

I have had lots of test - hormones vitamins etc only thing I had was low vitamin D 6 months ago which they gave me high strength vitamin d to top up - my levels are all normal now- my testosterone was also normal and they said I don't have pcos...

upon googling it seems like hirsutism which doesn't seem to have a cure

has anyone had these symptoms or can point me in the right direction?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.