Has anyone associated tinnitus with neck osteoarthritis and lyme dusease?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have early OA in neck, headaches, tinnitus, tiredness, generally feeling unwell. All of these symptoms can be associated with cervical spondylosis or lyme disease. I suppose what I am asking is, how do I know if I have lymes? I dog walk in fields and woods in the UK. My doctor won't have it though so how can I definitely be sure. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have mild tinnitus in both ears since 6months my neck is always stiff and pop when I move my neck I feel pressure inside my ears and my ears get clogged most of the time and when I chew swallow I hear the sound of crunching in my ears my ears pop easily I also feel pain inside my ears but u dont leave hope one day we all fine may God bless you
    • Posted

Hi piya,

Thank you for replying. So sorry you have this awful problem too. I have all the symptoms you mention also giddiness at times, on a bad day. Do you ever get giddiness? In my case it could be OA though. My life seems to be on hold, I just hope this is not for ever more.

Take care x

• Posted

Ya sometime l feel giddiness my I have also pain in my arms and sometimes my hands gets numb do you feel water drop like feeling inside your ears
    • Posted

Hi piya,

I'm not sure what you mean by water drop feeling. Can you elaborate a little? I certainly get weird feelings but I cannot describe. My ears are a constant whooshing noise, like I get after a flight but it doesn't go away.

• Posted

Hi lina

I feel like some thing liquid inside my ears which cannot comes out and my tinnitus sound like buzzing high voltage current noise.

Best of luck

• Posted

Hi piya

Have you been to a doctor?

There are many things you could try to remove the water.

Take a deep breath, close your mouth and pinch your nose and blow to clear your eustachian tubes. I hold a warm hairdryer to my ears if I get water in them. Try googling it for other remedies.

All the best

Take care x

• Posted

Last week I visited ent she looked into my ears nd said nothing wrong in it she prescribed some medication for neck pain now my muscles are relaxed she also gave me nose drop for my closed eastubian tube I used since 5days but ringing is still there with crunching sound what about u hv u visited ent

Take care

• Posted

Hi Piya,

I have been referred to ENT, waiting for my appointment.

Have you had a neck x-ray to check for arthritis? I have neck arthritis and your neck stiffness and cricking sounds are what I get.

Take care

• Posted

Im starting to strongly think neck has an connection. Drs need to be more aware of all the weirdness with tinnitus but they dont seem to care very much, and tinnitus can be so many different sounds and such,
  • Posted

you can be tested for Lymes disease.

I also have OA in neck, headaches, tinnitus, tiredness, generally feeling unwell. I think can be related to autoimmune problems. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to stop the tinitus?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.