Has anyone else experienced mild but prolonged chest pain after an episode?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had WPW my whole life (28 years old) but episodes of tachycardia have been very rare most of my adult life (once or twice a year, usually short, 30 seconds to 5 minutes or so). Other than that I am normally athletic and perfectly symptom free.

I had a couple of episodes in one week about a month back (after a week of particularly intense cardio training) and I have had intermittent mild chest pain ever since. That weekend I felt very weak and short of breath and could not exert my self without chest pain. It has got a lot better but I still don't fell quite my normal self.

I have been to the doctor about it and he suggested ablation. With the rarity and shortness of my tachycardia episodes, I would ordinarily think that it was a bit over kill, but if these symptoms are relevant then perhaps it is something more worth treating.

As this is not in my usual experience of WPW and I have found nothing online describing this type of prolonged symptom I am beginning to doubt the connection to WPW. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated as they may help me make the decision whether to opt for ablation.

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No one? Negative answers could also be useful. Thanks.

• Posted

I'm new to this forum and have had SVT for 12 years. I'm not sure about your particular type of tachycardia but I do sometimes have lingering chest discomfort for a few days afterwards if I've had a long episode, like 3-5 hours. Hope yours settles down soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.