Has anyone got comments on successfully treating a sinus infection?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all,

i had a terrible cold/flu that lasted a couple plus weeks and ended up with a sinus infection. Symptoms are fullness and pressure in the sinuses, tiredness and on and off light headed ness. I've had it for about a week. Doc prescribed saline rinses and gave me a steroid to add to the rinse once a day. Any suggestions?  It's wearing me down. 

Thanks,

linda

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have had several  infections such as you are describing.  After years of suffering through, I had the testing done at an Allergy Clinic, then and now, a shot once a week,  This last infection was because I tried to jump to every other week for the shot and it doesn't work for me.  This time the antibiotic didn't touch it, the infection so they sent in a culture and haven't gotten the results as yet.  I do know what most people fail to understand, this wears you down physically and mentally.  Keep on it until you get a doctor who will help and maybe slow down the strength of the infections and frequency you have in them reocurring!  It is not fun.  I will be thinking of you.

• Posted

Hi Sally,

thanks for your reply. I also have some allergies - not bad and mostly controlled by an odd dose of antihistamine. I suppose I haven't had this infection all that long - it settled in after a rotten cold. It feels like forever. I can deal with feeling full in my head, but the light headed ness is quite distressing. Will continue to use saline rinse and steroid. Hope you get some relief soon!

Best,

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, having suffered myself with sinus infections I know how horrible it is. What really does help is steaming with a couple of drops of olbas oil or a teaspoon of vicks in the water. Even 10 minutes will help relieve the pressure and drain the sinuses. Do it as often as necessary to help you feel better. 
    • Posted

Hi Pat,

thanks for your advice. I will try tonight after work😐😷

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.