Has anyone had a L5 nerve root block?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering what to expect after the procedure. Will I be able to pee and poo if needed? Can I walk straight away? Etc.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes to the first two.  When I had mine I had to lie flat for a couple of hours before they let me up.
  • Posted

It should not affect yr pooing situation mine never has. However both time I've been extremely poorly afterwards, 2 Nd had a 5 day stint in hospital. Didn't want to have the injection because of the last one , but the last one was some time ago and I am now u under a different consultant. So had to give it a go to say I told u so . Now a operation is on the cards back tomorrow to discuss.

• Posted

I had a steroid nerve root done and was stressing about it but was really not a bad experience so good luck 💕💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.