Has anyone had a similar experience?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have had a strange episode. And I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms that can give me an insight to what may be the issue.

I was diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis in 2013 and have had 2 laparoscopic surgeries since.

Sorry for the long in depth description but this is what's been happening:

I have been extremely constipated for the past 2 weeks or so. I finally had a 'normal' bowel movement on the morning of 4th March - which then turned into a loose bowel movement. This just so happened to be the first day of my menstrual period also.

I got in my car to drive to work and shortly after i got severe stomach/ pelvis pains to the point i had to turn around to go home. On my way home i had to pull over as the pain was so intense i was vomiting. I was shaky, cold but sweating profusely.

When i got home i ran to the toilet and produced a watery bowel movement (I didn't need to go again after that). At the same time i was still in severe pain and felt like i was going to pass out & vomit it was so bad. I couldn't walk or hardly move and all i could do was lay on the floor in front of the bathroom. I kept feeling like i needed to urinate (I had actually though a few days before i was getting a UTI as i permanently felt like i needed to wee, and i had a constant stinging sensation) but not much was happening when i tried.

Anyway i ended up calling my mum as 2 hours had passed and the pain wasn't subsiding, and had actually moved to my lower back.

Throughout the whole episode i was also getting sharp shooting pains in which felt like my urethra.

When she arrived she thought it was best to call an ambulance as I was clearly not in a good way. (Still shaking, sweating and in a lot of pain, vomiting from the pain).

5 minutes before the paramedics arrived the pain literally stopped. I felt so stupid when they arrived, as other than feeling a bit weak, I felt as though nothing had just happened.

They didn't take me to Hospital as they thought it was just a bug, but i have had gastro before and it was nothing like what i had just experienced.

They recommended i follow up with my GP, that afternoon, which i did.

So my GP took a urine sample for a UTI and pregnancy, which were both negative.

He referred me for an ultrasound as he suspected a ruptured ovarian cyst or torsion.

I had the ultrasound done today and i was able to view the report through my work. They have noted that there were no sign of a ruptured cyst, but evidence of poly cystic ovaries, ovaries normal size and no other issues.

Since the 4th i have had a constant dull ache in my right side, which feels like my ovary. And every now and again sharp stabbing pains. I had dull aches and pains every now and then in my ovaries before, but it feel more constant and obvious since.

Can someone please tell me I am not going crazy and that it wasn't a bug that caused all of this! I feel a bit annoyed that I went through so much pain and paid so much money for the ultrasound for them to find nothing! I want to ask my GP to do further tests when i go back for the results but am not sure what this could be related to?

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, You are not going crazy! I have my episode similar to yours!! Sometimes last a few minutes to a hour. Feel like you have contractions which moves to the lower back. Can come at any time but usually close to your cycle. I take hot hot baths, uses heating pad anything that is hot will stop the pain or contractions what I call them.. Since taking the birth control pill to dissolve cyst it does help on having lots of episode's. I promise you its hard to deal with put long you educating yourself and taking control of the disease you be prepared for these episodes. hope this make you feel some what better.

• Edited

Hey, You are not going crazy! I have my episode similar to yours!! Sometimes last a few minutes to a hour. Feel like you have contractions which moves to the lower back. Can come at any time but usually close to your cycle. I take hot hot baths, uses heating pad anything that is hot will stop the pain or contractions what I call them.. Since taking the birth control pill to dissolve cyst it does help on having lots of episode's. I promise you its hard to deal with but as long as you educating yourself and taking control of the disease you will be prepared for these episodes. hope this make you feel some what better.

• Posted

You may have IBS which can be triggered by your hormones. I used to get IBS during my periods and I recently started trying kefir yoghurt drinks. It has really helped and I don't get any IBS symptoms now. I would recommend them particularly around that time of month see if it helps. IBS mixed with bad period pain can be so painful and make you dizzy, sweat and feel really sick.

Another thing it could be, if you are being sick, is appendicitis. Have they done any scans to check for this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.