Has anyone had a tenodesis revision?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had shoulder surgery and a tenodesis on Aug. 18th. Two weeks later the endobutton popped away from the bone. On October 4th I am having it reattached. My ortho doctor says this had never happened to him before.

I would like some imput if anyone has had experience with this.

Thanks,

Melissa

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I've had this same surgery (shoulder/bicep)

I did have one incident a month or two after Surgery with putting a blanket on bed, extremely pain in bicep & I thought I teared it from bone but surgeon said it was scar tissue.

Must say, the recovery did take a bloody long time.

With the reattachment of the bicep, you really need to be EXTRA carefully you don't do anything to tear it from bone again (which you did)

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

• Posted

I am 47. The repair is this Tuesday. I am going to be extra careful this time. I hope it works. I also have psoriatic arthritis. I have been off of my medication for a long time now due to the surgeries. It lowers the immune system. I have to wait 2 weeks after the surgery to take it again. It has been really hard.
    • Posted

Hi I'm curious as to your symptoms. I had a decompression opp bk in August 2015 the pain was off the scale even with meds.

Dec 2015 they did manipulation under anaesthetic as I'd developed a frozen shoulder not surprising the pain limited my movement. I've now got constant soreness in my tendon and there looking at cutting the tendon and screwing to the bone to rid me of the damaged tendon. I'm very apprehensive and await a second opinion.

Thanks Jane

• Posted

I had a lot of shoulder and tendon issues. I had a tear in my biced tendon and they took out my bursa sac and had to cut an inch off my collar bone aslo they shaved down bone spurs. He cut the bicep tendon and attached it to the bone with an endobutton. 

I must have done something to make it pop away from the bone. My ortho doctor said this has never happened to one of his patients before. I am in a lot of pain with my arm at the moment. But, tomorrow he is going back in to reattach it.

My otho says all of his patients that have had this done have been very pleased. And that it works well.

I am not sure what to tell you. You have to make that choice yourself. But, if your doctor thinks it would help you, I would do it if your in a lot of pain now. I wish you much luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.