Has anyone had any of these side effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've bern taking topiramate for only 2 days. One tablet at night 25mg to start with as I'm coming off baclofen and I alreadly feel like absolute sh*t, pressure in head, my eyes won't stop watering to the point people think I'm crying. I have searched reviews but haven't seen any of these side effects yet so I'm unsure if I should stop taking it or if these side effects may be from stoping my normal dosage of baclofen...? Has ANYONE at all suffered from these side effects?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I experienced the pressure in my head for the whole time I was on Topiramate but not the eye watering.  I also had really bad muscle aches around my neck and shoulders and nerve pain (tingling) in hands and feet.  I think it effects people in different ways but I didn't feel myself for the month I was on it.  I've come off now, headaches and migraines back unfortunately.
    • Posted

Okay thanks heaps, makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one. The eye watering has disappeared which is good, hopefully doesnt come back. Might have been the sudden change of medication. 
  • Posted

Hi Blessmummy,

I wouldn't go near Topiramax ever again, please read the message I started called "Please be careful & Watch your symptoms" (click on my account and you'll see it there) the drug nearly killed me and that is not an exaggerartion, 3 GPs never spotted the symptoms that I'd had for 3 months and when I went back to my neruosurgeon he panicked when he heard what I was telling him and I had to go cold turkey which is not good either.

These things are lethal so please keep a close eye to any changes with your body, my symptom was a constant sore throat, but as I said check out my message where there is more detail.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.