Has anyone tried the Craig Beck method?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was just looking at youtube and came across this man and I wondered if anyone had tried his method or heard anything about him.

Happy Sunday to everyone,

Patxxxxx

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia, Amazon is always recommending his book to me (!) - I've looked through the synopsis and the sample pages and I could be wrong but it looks essentially a similar approach to the Allen Carr and Jason Vale books. Nothing wrong with that of course, as they are both books that have been useful to me. I'd definitely consider downloading Beck's book if I needed an extra boost. I'm not so sure about his website, which seems to encourage people to sign up to a program involving regular payments. I'd be worried that it was just a money-making scheme playing on people's insecurities. His site contains other programs which promise wealth/influence/happiness etc. There's a picture of a pile of money on his site, just a couple of centimetres below his promises of spiritual mastery. I'm getting a whiff of contradiction.  I'm not saying I don't think his stop drinking method wouldn't work - I'm just saying his site makes me a little uncomfortable and I'd probably just read his book!
    • Posted

Actualy I did had the same feeling about his website, Peter, I wouldn't call it a sceme, but, there is deffenetly money written all over his website.

To me it deffenetly look like one of those sellfhelp Guru's who prommise a lot, including becomming wealthy and powerfull.

• Posted

The first 100 pages of his book ''Alcohol Lied to Me' are on Google Books. I can pass any of you a link if can't find it and send me a private message.

To be honest, within the first few pages I was put off by his view that alcohol is bad for EVERYBODY (we know that only a proprtion of people get into difficulty and that many are lucky enough to be able to drink and not have serious problems.) I stopped reading when he started insisting that we should substitite the word 'cyanide' for 'alcohol' and asked if anybody would try and argue that cyanide wasn't bad for you.

I will read more later.

• Posted

I thought the cyanide thing was sensational hyperbole too. His comment about alcohol being bad for everyone is a similar line to Allen Carr - in both cases it's quite extreme as I know loads of people who drink socially with no problems. Beck also puts some effort on his website into discrediting AA - obviously this is in his interests as he wants people to sign up to his programme - but it seems quite unfair of him to trash something that works for a lot of people. He says the dropout rate at AA is very high - but obviously that's not the same as the relapse rate. Not everyone who stops going to AA returns to the bottle! I think he's being very disingenuous, and a little sly. to imply they do...
    • Posted

My view is that if something helps a person stop or reduce their drinking, then that method is right for them. No method will ever work for everybody. I am put off, however, by a person blaming a substance which many people can use safely. I think it is important to recognise that those who get into trouble have a different biological make-up and that is the cause, rather than alcohol itself.

I find myself irritated when reading the preview of his book when you say that certain pages have not been made available in the preview. That seems like he is trying to make out that those missing pages are the key to all alcohol-related problems and that, if you pay for the full book, you will find some secret which will instantly change your whole life for the better. It's a bit like those 'be a millionnaire without any hard work' books.

• Posted

Thank you, everyone for your replies.  It doesn't sound like anything that I would be looking for and I certainly wouldn't be wanting to join up to something like his website.

Thank you again for your answers.

• Posted

Whatever you do, do not sign up for his course, or waste any money on this man! He is a complete con artist, who will take your money and disappear. Once you've paid for his course, he doesn't respond to emails and will not honour the money back guarantee. He blocks you on all his social media platforms if you dare say anything bad about him.

All of his course is on his YouTube channel for free, it contains nothing special at all. The course is just a chance for him to promote his other products and repeat Allen Carr's method. Buy Allen's book instead! Also, it costs £400!!! He talks a lot about how wonderful his life is now in sunny Spain and how much money he has... all gained through dishonesty.

Have a great day x

• Posted

Is sunny Spain referring to Kevin O'Hara? I think Craig Beck is in USA now?? Someone let me know honestly. I have no real money to invest, so It means alot to me about honest and real folks who want to lend a hand on this journey. Yes, I know beer costs money, but to chunk out 100's is a big step for me!!

• Posted

I have been going back and forth with Craig Beck and Kevin O'Hara "Alcohol Mastery. I certainly need some positive coaching. I am on the endless cycle of quitting and binge drinking. What I am hearing is that Beck is not a reliable help for your freedom from alcohol!!??? Anyone heard of Alcohol Mastery with Kevin O'Hara?? I need to get help but refuse AA. Any suggestions for me out there??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.