Has my scabies gone?? Pictures included

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with Scabies 15 days ago.

I did the two permethrin treatments spaced a week apart. In between that week I also went to town on the mites using a combination of 1 tablespoon coconut oil to 7 drops clove oil lathered over my entire body every day once a day for about 3 hours (except 1 day).

After the week 1 I have done a couple of treatments every half week using just neem oil once and the other time using neem/coconut oil to clove in the same ratio.

I know that I have had some good success as have all the stuff causing aggrevation has come to the surface and I am finally seeing some slight healing of these left over pimples in some areas of my body.

HOWEVER, I have two questions about whether this has truly gone.

The first thing I am wondering if people when they apply the natural treatments have had little black dots come out their skin?? (almost certainly the scabies bugs!). These have come out of the areas more where greater infestation has been.

I have not seen any of these black scabies bugs move when the treatment brings them to the skins surface. So I would assume that they are all dead when they come to the skins surface.

1) The question I would have is whether they have been dead before that (due to previous treatments) or whether that means there are still living bugs in my skins and have only just been killed (hence why they might come to the surface).

The longer treatment has gone on the less of these bugs are appearing and apart from my knuckles are getting rarer and rarer.

The second question I have is related to my knuckles (see pictures of my right and left knuckles below). ...

2) My knuckles appear that they are still somewhat read and scaly? Does this mean that there are still alive scabies bugs inside?? (or is it just drawing out the already dead scabies bugs?). Out of all the places on my body the black dots have come out of my knuckles in the greatest concentrations. They are however coming out less after neem treatment and the red and scaliness appears to be receeding slightly over time.

looking at my knuckles and given the facts stated do people think that I still have alive scabies bugs in my knuckles and should continue treating?

Any experts out there??

Many thanks for everyone's help in advance, it is appreciated

Mark

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.