Hashimoto

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have 33 newly told I have Hashimoto and have a goitre and swollen glands! I have had blood work ultra sound x Ray contrast cat scan and a bio opsey . I meet with my ent next week to set a date to take out my whole thryiod .i am so scared about the pain after the surgery and how fast you heal . I am not good with taking pain killers and I have had a swollen throat for a months now and only eating soups anything different I eat feels like it gets stuck in my throat ! Have also been told I have farangitis and in amoIcillin for it .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dang it's so horrid this thyroid stuff... I have now been prescribed 20mg of methimazole to get my numbers normal so I can have the surgery to remove whole thyroid.  I already have the thyroid replacement RX ..Levothyroxine 88 mcg.  Which I have been promised will not have me gain any weight.  I am a non believer and am plunging ahead into another abyss as this abyss is so rotten the next one I pray isn't worse and it's the only shot I have left.  

I don't think there should be a lot of pain. I hope I am right for your sake.  I don't do well on pain killers at all they make me hallucinate.  So scared tho that I haven't started the meth as that high a dose I did before with disastrous results...found myself under my bed with little or nothing on..no idea how long I'd been there...went to get blood drawn and I was "normal".  How can not being human be normal?!

i wish the best for you and myself.

• Posted

Hi

Don't worry too much about the op. It's not that painful. I had right half of thyroid removed Feb 2015 because of nodules. Not cancerous but couldn't tell until removed. Out of hospital within 24 hours and only took a few paracetamol for pain. I now just have a fine scar.

I also have 3 cm lump in left thyroid so probably going to have the left thyroid removed soon. I'm not too worried about the op but I am concerned that I will then need meds for the rest of my life.

• Posted

Hey carole56642 I hear ya the idea of taking a pill forever sucks , not sure about you but I all ready take synthriod once a day now and I still have my thryiod, I think it's just hard to get your levels sorted it can take a year or so sad or I was told . How long s after your surgery did you stop feeling any pain ? And how long till the swelling fully went away and you felt normal again ?

• Posted

I also just got a bio opsey the fine needle one done in my goitre 2 days ago now I feel like swelling is worse bit better it feels like it's more in the centre of my throat then of to the side like before sad make it harder to swolling and breathing they told me to only take tyonal and I have been as well as putting ice in it but nothing seems to help ?

Any one have this feeling ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.