Have a cystscopy on Monday very worried 😟 have bad aniexty in hospitals

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone

ive been having a problems with my urine and my Dr has referred me to get a cystscopy which is on Monday 9.20am

I'm very worried about having this done and what makes it worse is my aniexty I currently have.such bad aniexty with leaving my house so to get to the hospital and inside the hospital is a task in its self. is there any males that have had this.done and could let me know roughly how long it takes? on the letter it says allow 2/3 hours for this but with my aniexty I really don't know if i will be able to stay in the hospital for this long

thanks in advance for replies

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry I'm so late to this discussion. You are not alone and I can only hope it went ok for you.

I am a male with the same issues. Unfortunately, I learned some things the hard way. My cystoscopy didn't go well. It was humiliating and excruciating. But here's a few things I have learned.

1. Express your exact fears to the doctor, and allow him/her to create a game plan to address them.
    2. Demand anesthesia. DO NOT believe them when they say it doesn't hurt. Don't believe them when they call it a "minor discomfort."
    3. Run away from any doctor who doesn't take your fears seriously. I found a new doctor and I was told that if I ever need a cystoscopy again, it will be done in the OR to make sure I'm comfortable throughout it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.