Have had my 7th injection of botox, but my right eye is now trying to close.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I lost my husband in June and had two injections of Botox round my right eye in July. This time it has not worked very well at all. I went back to the neurologist nearly two weeks ago now and told him. He thinks it is either stress or I had a dodgy batch He gave me the same dose as before, but now my eye is trying to shut all the time and I notice that I am starting to drool from the right side of my mouth.

I was so concerned about my vision before having the Botox that I asked my opthalmologist about it. He has known me for ever and wanted to wait until after the injections to check my eyes. As it is my good eye that is affected and I have poor vision in the other , I cannot see most of the time and feel I have to hold my eye open. Not a good look ! Any suggestions?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I'm so sorry about your husband Jenny, I imagine the extra stress may have had an impact on your botox injections.

I had a failed op 06/13 . I was referred to a Neurologist this year, he said that although the botox had failed before my op, he would try again. The first set of injections around my eye failed, I had a second set ( increased dosage & an extra injection - 4 - 3 weeks ago. All i've noticed so far is slightly less severity in the spasms.

I have also been referred to Maxio Facial ( my first app't is in a few weeks, I requested this because the muscles in my face have collapsed. I'm wondering if that is also happening to you as I have the dribbling & my speech has also been affected. I can't smile because the right side of my mouth doesn't move, so it looks like a grimace.

I'm not expecting miracles, just hoping for advice & some exercises that may build up the muscles again. Is there a dip in the bad side of your face ? If so ask your doc to verify it, as mine did & then if you thought it might help ask for a Maxio facial referral.

Good luck.

• Edited

I have only just found your reply and I am going from bad to worse as my right eye, which is the sighted eye ,will not focus and keeps blurring over as well as being half closed. I am going to Moorfields next week as my optometrist whom I have known for ever is so worried about me. Just hoping they can help.

Still drooling from the right side of my mouth and my eye is very sore, just feels as if it has been gone over with a Brillo pad.

The Botox is not doing anything so I'm wondering what the next step might be.

I can feel the spasm going down my right cheek to my chin now, but the neurologist says it is nothing to do with my eye?!

Will report back when I have been to see the eye people, but I think they will probably refer me back to the neurologist at St George's again. It does seem like a never ending circle and I wonder does anyone ever get better from this condition and have a good result.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.