Have I re prolapsed?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone! I had a repair done 27 days ago. I have been feeling fine in the 1st week or so. Had a burning stinging pain when I'm sat down for the last week. Just the last few days I have noticed I have a bit of discharge(however I have just had my period) and I have an odour, could I have an infection? Also I have been feeling quite heavy down there and draggy. Today tho I am feeling as if I have a tampon inserted wrong? Is this just normal healing? I'm really worried incase I'm re prolapsing! ! I tried to feel and I can still feel a bulge, nowhere near as bad as pre surgery tho. I can also feel the stitches should they be that low down that I can feel them? Really worried that I have undone everything! Thanks in advance vicky xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My stitches were low to, at my 6 week check up, I looked before I went and saw a white stitch. Kinda a weird thing, but I wanted to know. I also had a discharge that had a little Oder after the bleeding stopped which was 2.5 weeks then the discharge for another 2.5 weeks. Right before 6 week it was gone. I was told around mind week 4 and 5, that you can feel worse, because stitches are tightening.

Try to rest with your feet up. I would take short walks, then come back put feet up. If you feel that dragging feeling, then it's best to get feet up.

I'm 8 weeks after 2 prolapse repair.

Hope that helps.

Grace

• Posted

Hi Victoria! I'm 22 days post and almost every day I have a bout of when i feel bulgy and fear it's been undone. Then I rest for a bit and if improves. I'm going to type out what my take home says. "After a few weeks your discharge may change or increase to a light yellow or cream color and have a bit of a smell. This is normal and part of the healing process". If the odour is bad or you have and fever for sure contact yours Doc.

• Posted

Also re stitches I can see mine too in my perineum and inside too low down
  • Posted

Hi hunni I had a rectocele done in april this year and around the 4-5week I felt the same the heaviness and dragging especially around my period but I was told this was normal and if I did to much in the day it played a bit part in how I felt the next day. Remember you have had major surgery and you need to rest in was told by my doctor that it takes at least 6months for everything to heal properly down there. Even now it's still a little tender especially around the perineum area. Take it easy, rest alot and give yourself time to heal properly. Xxx

• Posted

SToP "feeling around"! You can introduce infection!! Yes it is completely normal to be able to see stitches, but without poking around!! Plus you could rupture a suture they could quite possibly still be there at around 6wks or longer. At around week 5 the stitches tighten up so you can feel quite uncomfortable. You will still have swelling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.