Haven't eaten in 3 weeks!! Please someone help me!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, for the past 3 weeks I've been experiencing a lump in my throat. It feels like sometimes it moves round and I could swallow it or even  cough it up (sorry to be digusting) it's left me unable to eat as when I do I feel like the food is getting stuck around my Adams apple area. I haven't eaten proper solid food in 3 weeks just shakes and it's taking its toll on every part of my body 😣 the lump itself can start halfway through the day out of nowhere and when I do eat it feels like it's slightly burning and I burp acid into my mouth and I burp constantly!I can swallow it just feels like its not going down. It sometimes feels like just the left side of my throat, Also my ears hurt slightly  and my throat feels dry. My back aches after a long day by the top and just to say, as I have explained in previous posts I'm going through an immensely hard time at the minute as my husband has taken my daughter and I'm waiting to go to court to get her back as he kidnapped her and haven't seen her in 5 weeks 😢 I feel like this is something really serious and I'm sorry to be dramatic but I'm terrified of cancer! My gp said it is aniexty but I something is telling me it's not and it's making my life hell. My doctor said he would refer me to a ENT to set my mind at rest. I'm 25 and I do smoke, I know I shouldn't but I feel like I'm in a nightmare! Please has anyone had this? Any help would be very appreciated 😊

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Going through similar things. I can eat and feel fine but once im done the lump appears and hangs around. Sometimes the lump seems to move around. I have no typical sore throat but have like a nerve type pain throughout the neck. Scared as hell myself thinking its cancer. Went to the ER and they claim its acid reflux...im not convinced. Going to see a gastro Dr for an endoscope.
    • Posted

Hi Edash, I'm sorry your going through this 😣 I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I too haven't got a sore throat and it's given me a slight comfort. I'm going back to my Gp next week to demand a endoscopy. Do you have the same problem with swallowing as well? 

• Posted

Well im a knuckle headed guy so i still scarf down my food, then suffer with weird lump in the throat sensation. Its a condition called globus sensation that is benign. It causes lump in throat sensation when nothing is physically there. Its a nerve wrecking condition but totally harmless. Making an appointment as well...im hoping to get an endoscope of the throat. Please keep me posted. Trust me, i know the anxiety your body is experiencing...its hell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.