Having trouble with an ulcer, please help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So around June 24th i seem to of developed a stomach ulcer, atleast thats what my doctor chalked it up to be in the 15 minutes she had to see me this monday. It's been rough, the constant feeling of having to puke, the inability to work out what so ever, ruining my alone time with the girlfriend this entire week, i could literally keep going on how this has F'd up my life.

I'm only 20, and i'm heavily into body building. Its one of the main things in my life that make me happy.

I'v been trying to do at home workouts, i have a good amount of equipment so its possible but it seems to literally be ruining my day if i do. Take yesterday for example, i worked out in the morning, then threw up my breakfast, then after lunch, and then an ungodly amount later that day. 

I cant eat, i cant sleep, it's making me so weak and im petrified to throw up again. 

I seem to be able to keep down pasta, like package alfredo and ect atm. 

I dont know what to do, i cant exercise or keep a proper diet and i'm literally watching myself get out of shape..

I guess im looking for advice, and a concern of mine is that is it ok to be eating like only carbs mainly? The pharmacist said my body needs carbs and sugars right now, but my fear is the

lack of protein will cause me to lose a significant amount of muscle.

Also, sorry for my miserable whining, i just want my life back.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What medication did your doctor prescribe? Most ulcers nowadays are caused by Helicobacter Pylori and treated with triple therapy of two antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor and clear up in a couple of weeks.  Diagnosis is by blood tests or endoscopy.
    • Posted

She gave me omeprazole, and my original appointment was for my tendenitis and she only had 15 minutes to spend on me so no tests were done and i did have a blood test that day actually and everything came back fine. I have an appointment monday morning but after how much i threw up yesterday and being afraid to eat, while starting a new job monday i guess im just worried. 
    • Posted

The first duodenal ulcer I had (no heliocobactor) was cured with a similar PPI to you.

Busy Monday with doctor and a new job. Good luck with each.

• Posted

Haha thank you I really hope this helps mine as well, assuming I have one. I need the luck those, specially since my 1400$ laptop just died. Like literally 2 minutes ago..
    • Posted

I know the feeling my expensive power supply went recently and took out my mother board  and CPU. At least the PSU had a seven year warranty but I had to return it to Germany. 
    • Posted

yeah I'm almost done building a pretty powerful desktop right now I've got about $1500 sunk into it but there's still quite a but of work to be done with it and I definitely lost a lot of important school files from my laptop
  • Posted

Hi for goodness sake STOP. You must stop body building, go straight to your GP and tell him you need help. Your body is out of control just now, it's out of balance, your autonomic nervous system needs to be rebalanced. You need to see a doctor as soon as possible tell him you have Dysautomnia and rest. He may give you drugs to help this or he may suggest you go to A&E 
    • Posted

hi Pam! so I guess my question is what is dysautomnia and is my attempts to work out at home a bad thing? But I am going to the doctors on Monday and another question is what is A&E? also what made you think this is what I have? I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what's going on with my body
    • Posted

Hi it's just a medical word for the fact that your body is out of balance. You need to see your doctor. If your in the USA it's the Emergancy Room, in the UK we call it Accident and Emergency A&E. Get your body calmed down, you need to rest, relax and hey medical treatment! 
    • Posted

Oh that totally makes sense, yeah for us thsts the ER, that's really cool that it's different all over the world. But I guess I will have to suck it up and stop trying to work out. It seems like it'll just prolong the sickness but thank you pam and Derek I really appreciate all the help, I'll be seeing my doctor Monday so wish me luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.