HCG blood test interpretration

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! My boyfriend and I protect ourselves by using a condom. I didn't get my period at all in October (I've had episodes of irregular period cycles since I was a teenager, but in the last six months, my period was sound - I'm 23 years old currently).

After missing my period in October, I did 2 urine pregnancy tests, both negative. I had other contacts (also protected) on October 21, 27 and 30.

The month of November began, and menstruation still did not appear. I have the impression that I ovulated on November 4-5, which would explain the delay in menstruation and would put it down to a late ovulation.

On November 8, I took another urine pregnancy test, negative, and forgot it on the desk. The next day, that negative test had a second line, barely visible (I understood that it could be an evaporation line, but I panicked).

Thus, on November 15, I went to a clinic where I did a hcg blood test and the result was <2.30 IU/l <5. Which I understand is a negative.

My question is: would the blood test have captured a possible pregnancy resulting from the other contacts, for example, from October 30?

Thanks!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.