Head Ache and Sharp Pain For 2 Weeks...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

It's been a while since I've posted but I'm looking for some help or reassurance if possible please.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis which was diagnosed 5 years ago. A different consultant also thinks I have fibro running alongside.

Anyway!

For the past week to 10 days I have had constant head pain. It is a dull ache on the top left of my head but with waves of sharpness. I have been taking painkillers on and off and while they do help, they wear off and the pain is straight back. It's all day, every day and is really getting me down.

I have seen my GP who said 'tension headache' but it doesn't fit the the description online and the sharp pain also doesn't make sense.

She basically said if no improvement to go back in 4/6 WEEKS!

I'm really just looking to see if anyone has experienced anything similar because I'm struggling to cope and it would help to hear I'm not alone I think.

Thank you in advance 💜

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

im having very similar issues .had them for 25 days now. feels like alot longer ! had CT scan and bloods they were normal and now been reffered for urgent mri of head and neck .it is unbearable. the suggestion at the moment seems to be maybe it's linked with arthtitis in my neck but until iv had MRI i have no idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.