Head and neck problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past 3 months I have been experiencing head pressure, dizziness, arms and legs tremor, mild tachycardia, neck and throat soreness, stiff neck, tremors in the back of the head and neck, weak legs, numb head and neck, sometimes the numbness spreading to the face, sometimes nausea, neck and head throbbing, and having sometimes the sensation I will faint or fall, but never did.

All the neurologists say it is probably an emotional condition due to stress, but I have no stress, I have a quiet satisfying life.

The head MRI was fine. The neck MRI and ultrasound showed herniated discs in C5 and C6. Blood results showed only mild hypothyroidism for which I took Letrox for some days, but interrupted it when I began feeling worse. I took diazepam for a month or so and stopped, and started Xanax for the last days, as recommended by the neurologist.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your neck could be the reason for most of your symptoms. I too have nerve impingments in my neck...and have many of your symptoms. However the doctors seem to ignore the neck...and have diagnosed with Parkinson's. I also have a herniated disc in the lower lumbar (keeping me up at night with sciatica)...and my walking is  impaired, but Dr does not attribute that to nerve impingments. I feel more is going on besides PD.

• Posted

Hi, i have many symptoms the same as you & also have suffered with my neck after trauma, the neck problem could be a red herring! I had one neurolist saying it was my neck but after i had MRI's this was dismised. I was diagnosed with F.N.D, this condition can be caused by physical & mental trauma. Have you ever had a head injory or been involved in an accident? It can sometime take yours after the accident for the symptoms to show themselves. Look up FUNCTION NEUROLICAL DISORDER. it may help.

• Posted

I've had some strange symptoms, only some of them akin to yours such as dizziness and weak legs. I was convinced I was dying but I've seen two neuro's and they have me the all clear. The second one thought it could be some sort of mild organic brain disorder - most of which are largely unexplained. I'm wait for a head scan which the second neuro also referred me to, but he says he expects it to be all clear. Another thing I'll say is that when I had the onset of these symptoms I became anxious and stopped most of my activity. Some months ago I restarted training at the gym regularly and have continued to increase the intensity, and it's certainly helping me feel better.

Good luck Rita.

• Posted

I looked  up FND. WOW...sounds like what I could have...instead of PD?! Very interesting.  Thanks for the "tip" Paj200! I will investigate further.

• Posted

My pleasure, hope it helps to explain.

Look up F.N.D. org

• Posted

paj200...I have been researching FND for many hours, and all I can say is "WOW"! I certainly fit the criteria...including the Hoover's test and Collapsing Weakness. I have never felt 100% that I have the Parkinson Plus as diagnosed. It just didn't fully jive with my symptoms. All my tests (hearing, eys, EMG, nerve conduction, MRI's, lumbar puncture, etc) were ok...except for some neck and lower lumbar disc  issues. I had an abusive childhood and loads of stress throughout my life, so that could explain FND. I will investigate further. hanksk!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.