Head felt as if it would implode, what might have happened?

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 years ago soon after going to bed, i felt a strange sensation at the back of my head just above where the spine meets the skull. It was like a pinching sensation that stopped each time I sat up, but I was so tired I had to keep trying to sleep, so i kept trying to ignore it.

The longer I left it the worse it got until it felt as if a balloon was wrapped around my brain and the knot was being tightened more and more at the base, compressing my brain until there was no room even for thoughts.

It felt as if my head would implode and I sat up dazed and confused for ages.

No doctor ever addressed this and on a second occasion that this happened it left me with confusion and numbness and tingling in limbs.

Doctors addressed symptoms that were caused by this but ignored what started it in the first place, and it took 4 years from then to discover that I have multiple infarcts of the occipital lobe.

I had expalined to doctors that my symptoms were similar to those of MS or Fibromyalgia, and later discovered that the location of these infarcts is know to cause symptoms that mimic MS.

What was that imploding head sensation?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.