Head pressure, headaches, and afterimage (29F)

Posted , 1 user is following.

29F, 5'4", Caucasian

Not on any medications. I do not smoke, drink or use drugs.

This post might be a little long, but contains all the symptoms I've been experiencing and what I've been doing during that time.

Initial start of issue, October

• First week in October headaches began that presented as tightness and pressure
  • The next week I started seeing a negative afterimage after looking at objects even for a very short time
  • My eye doctor noted that my optic nerves appeared swollen but this was nothing new as my nerves appeared to look this way even in other appointments. She said sometimes optic nerves can have the appearance of swelling even if they aren’t. But given my other symptoms she wanted an MRI. We were uninsured at the time so she felt it safe to wait till we got insurance.’
  • Total symptoms at that time included pressure headaches. Afterimage. Dizziness upon standing, squatting and bending.
  • I did have blood work done and that revealed nothing off. Blood pressure and blood sugar levels were normal

Pressure stops, afterimage continues, November

• Mid November symptoms stopped, all except for the afterimage. And I began seeing a chiropractor. The afterimage persisted. But the headaches and other symptoms went away for about 2-3 weeks

Head pressure returns, December

• At the beginning of December I was doing squats with a 45lb kettlebell. When I set it down I got really lightheaded and felt all that pressure flood my head. Since that time every day these symptoms have started coming back.
  • The symptoms that persist today are pressure headaches that increase as the day goes. Though, sometimes I wake with them. Sometimes they’re at the top of my head. Front of my head. Or back of my head. Sometimes more sharp on the left side. Still have the negative afterimage. Sometimes it seems worse than other times, though lighting may play a roll there.
  • The pressure in my head increases with activity. Bending over. Squatting, straining. Looking down.
  • I haven’t noticed what brings relief. Things seem to relax a bit when I lay down. Though, sometimes still persists even when laying.

Went to doctor and will be getting an MRI done.

Based on what we've read online fears are that it's a brain tumor or spinal fluid leak. I've never had any medical issues before so this really is just out of the blue.

Has anyone experienced this, or might have an idea of what the problem is or ideas for treatment?

Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.