Headache after stopping prednisone

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had gone to the ER on 12/12/19 for an allergic reaction to hair dye (my eyes swelled shut) and was given prednisone while i was there and a prescription for 3 days of prednisone to follow.. the doctor told me i could start the meds the same day so i had 40mg of prednisone at thr doctors and 40mg of prednisone that same day but at night....then 40mg a day till 12/14.... ever since ive stopped ive been having headaches that feel like i have a rubberband around my head and i feel like i have brain fog. my anxiety is still through the roof and im that type of person to look stuff up online and all the sudden i have a brain tumor and im dying lol.. i wish i knew how serious this drug was because i rather would have waited out the swelling than dealt with these headaches.. just wondering if this is normal? having these tight headaches and nausea is kind of scary 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I pray for the best Jenn. I took Prednisone for 7 days. I was on 20 mg per day from October 8, 2019 to October 14, 2019 and it is still a regretful decision on my part. I still don't feel normal now. I was prescribed this for ear inflammation. I experienced a lot of withdrawal in November such as dry mouth, increased hunger, hyperness, rage, mood swings, depression, slow bowel movements, irregular heartbeat to name list. I am still experiencing some of these side effects now. I could be wrong but I think you are experiencing serious withdrawals from Prednisone. 40 mg is a high dosage.

• Posted

Do wish doctors would tell people to taper off Prednisone when put on a high dose. I am on it full time, tapered down from 60 mgs after a week to the 10 mgs I am on now, no side effects what so ever. I am so sorry you had this bad reaction. It will wear off but takes time. Tell your doctor about it. They really do need to know.

• Posted

Hi Jenn00012,

I was on Pedisone for 3 days from 12th Nov 2019 and I had to stop because of the terrible side effects. Some symptoms have subsided but I'm still very weak. I have headaches, eye and ear pressure and burning scalp. I never had any of these symptoms before I took Predisone. It's very scary. I spoke to another doctor and he said some people should just not take steroids. The chemist said he had never heard of some of the side effects from Predisone that I had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.