Headaches and confusion after one dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm new to this forum hello everyone.

I've recently been prescribed rampiril 1.25 mgs for blood pressure 145/90 but am getting horrible headaches, dizziness and confusion after one dose. Should I stop taking it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ramipril is nasty, I was crippled with pain in my legs and feet while I was on it. My BP was similar to yours, it’s borderline. You shouldn’t be on BP meds, unless your in your 20’s or 30’s. Your BP is ok if your in your 40’s or over, with that reading. Could be better, but it’s  borderline and doesn’t require meds. 
  • Posted

carla72042...I don't know your age, but if you're over 50, a bp of 145/90 isn't all that bad. You have taken just 1 dose of Rampiril, & it's far too early to tell what's going on. You must give the meds a chance to do their work. Do not stop meds without consulting your doctor. If after a few more days you still feel this way, by all means make an appt. to see the Dr. 

• Posted

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. I went to my doctor for my anxiety med review. I am 54 and I have only taken one ramipril tablet. It has been 24 hours and I feel like a zombie still, worse after taking my anxiety tablet this afternoon . I am afraid to take another. My doctor asked me if I wanted medication or not and I said I would try it. I have decided to look at other ways of looking after it. My weight is ok and I've never smoked in my life. I have been looking online at other ways of controlling such as nettle tea, green tea, fruit and salads and cutting out sugary and fried foods etc. I have a blood pressure monitor at home and I will check it from time to time. I couldn't face another day of feeling like this again.

Thanks both very much.

• Posted

Good day to you.

Yes you need to stop taking Ramipril immediately report these side effects to your GP.

The headaches and dizziness are standard side effects however the confusion is serious.

See your doctor as soon as possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.