Headaches/joint pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. New to all of this. Started last Saturday on 10mg for Inflamatory Arthtitis. Getting terrible headaches and joint pain. Worse than what it was. Feels like I’ve been hit with a bus. There seems to be terrible side effects. Is it going to get better or is this it.  Cheers 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have just finished week 2 I feel terrible just like you say but so do tired more than usual

Had my bloods done today I mentioned it all to the nurse but she did not have any idea

So I will await blood results and take it from there

I know they say it takes around 6/8 weeks but did not expect to feel worse

Hope you find some answers xx

• Posted

My daughter is 10 years old and started 3 weeks ago on 15mg she’s suffered with really bad headaches so much so I ended up taking her to the children’s hospital to get checked over 

I found making her drink plenty of water last weekend really helped and iv also read that keeping away from caffeine helps too 

Hope things settle down for you 

• Posted

The initial side effects should settle down after a while - for me that was about 8-10 weeks - and then you may be lucky enough to continue fine.  For me there were too many continuing side effects to tolerate the treatment and I had to stop.  It's a tough one, as it's quite an effective drug to treat quite a few things, but it's pretty toxic and can make you feel bad.  The bottom line is which is worse - the original condition or the the meth treatment?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.