Health anxiety ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im wondering if anyone could help me or has suffered with anything similar, i am 34 yrs old mother of 3 i have always suffered with with some form of anxiety/worry but it has got worse as ive got older. I seem to be worrying alot lately about my health. My worry at the minute is i have ovarian cancer. It started by me going to the doctors with bowel trouble i went twice in 1 week they prescribed me with fibrogel. I had told my friend this and she said thats what they prescribed my mum when she kept going to the doctor for bowel trouble but it turned out to be ovarian cancer. Well that lit fire to the fuel and my mind went into overdrive googling symptoms of ovarian cancer visits to the docs again as i had back pain this was due to a water infection where they had found blood in my urine ive covinced myself i have this now , i can feel pain in my pelvic area in my legs i cannot eat much as my stomach seems to get full quick this is also a symptom of ovarian cancer ive been to the docs n hospital to try and get answers they say i have now got pelvic inflammotry disease and gave me two lots of antibiotics which havnt eased any pain or symptom .The question im asking is could i be bringing the symptoms on myself with worry ?is this possible ? Ive been back and forth to the docs but they dont seem to be listening can i demand some sort of scan ?? I am in constant worry ..Thanx in advance

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi with anixiety it can bring lots of worry in are minds. making us believe every thing related to our health is life threanting. have the doctor said what wrong with you ?? this could be playing on your mind that why you think it worster than what it .
  • Posted

Read throught forum it might help you to see you are not alone and give you a lot of insight as well. There are sites to help, utube videos on panic attacks, anxiety attacks, cbt, health anxiety. Pinterest is lovely. So much out there. Your wasting your energy and time googling symptoms, it never oans out but it will sicken you. Leave the diagnosis to the doctors, you can always get a second opinion if needed on an ailment as well. Even obtaining a diagnosis of an ailment, and i have ailments shouldnt spur massive worry and anxiety attacks. With a healthy body or with a bidy with ailments oanic attacks and excessive worry are the samething and need to be addressed and managed. The mind will validate any and all of your negative thoughts so stay far away from googling symptoms.
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
  • Posted

I feel for you Helen. I'm having some of your same symptoms, and have scared myself to death! Terrible health anxiety too! I am going to gyno Monday, and I will be demanding scans too! You should too! We have to advocate for ourselves nowadays, since no one else will, and doctors don't seem to care anymore! Hope you find an answer, keep us posted. 
  • Posted

Hi thanx 4 your replys ..... unfortunatley i dont have a therapist but think this is something i need to look into but i just want to get this problem sorted first.....my doctor firstly diagnosed me with a water infection then pevic inflammotry disease but still have stomach issues which doesnt come under symptoms for any of those the doctor said its because i am worrying myself ??? Had 3 lots of anti bs now but stll feel pain in pelvic area and stomach x
    • Posted

i do know with aniexty you can get pain in your stomach because of the worrying. i think you therapy the best solution hun. just because it hard to have all these thought in your mind and can be stressful. x

• Posted

Thankyou i will look into this as this is not the first ive worried my self sick over getting ill .x
    • Posted

Hi im in england so it is free depending availability x

• Posted

perfect!

how long does it take to get an appointment?

• Posted

I have no idea all i know is you have to self refer after speaking to your doctor who will give you the contact info x
    • Posted

sounds good, when will you be self-refering? 
  • Posted

don't listen to idle gossip helen because this comment has really wound you up. constipation and ovarian cancer are two completely different things and I really wouldn't let your imagination get carried away with you.

rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.