Heart palpitations and pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been on Sertraline for 7 weeks now. 10 days at 25mg and 50mg from then for severe anxiety. I started to feel a lot better, but recently I have been getting what feels like really bad indigestion and heart palpitations. These lead to pain in my back and chest and on occasions a shortness of breath. I never had these symptoms before, even with the anxiety. Has anyone else had anything like this please and should I be worried? Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi amy, i notice your post is 10 days old but how are u doing, any improvement?

it certainly sounds like a good idea for peace of mind and advice, to have a chat with your doctor to see what he/she thinks (maybe you have done that already over the last 10 days?)

• Posted

They seem to have calmed down now, as has the indigestion feeling. I made an appointment at my doctors but the earliest they could give me is this Wednesday, so I haven't been and not sure I will as it has all but gone. Maybe it was just a delayed side effect. It wasn't pleasant though that's for sure.

• Posted

hey that's good to hear you are doing better,  sertraline and other meds can be a bit of a bumpy ride at first that's for sure, and some people need a few months for it to build up and work better.  sometimes side effects do pop up here and there as time goes on so don't worry, it's certainly not just you (a lot of people refer to that sort of thing as 'blips', which means you might not feel so good once in a while but it doesn't last long and then just goes away).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.