helicobacter pylori

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if someone can give me a little bit more info...

A few months ago I was tested for helicobacter pylori, which came back positvie. This had caused me to get gastiritis. I have been treated for this however I'm still getting the same pains.

I am getting Re tested to see if the helicobacter pylori is still in my stomach.

Everyone from my fathers side of the family have all had stomach ulcers and I know that helicobacter pylori is one of the main causes of ulcers. However trying to get the doctors to test me for one isn’t going well.

I’m constanlty in pain with trapped wind also, and when it finally gets out it’s only passing my bottom (sorry) and I can’t stop. I also feel in my throat that I am going to be sick, however I never am sick.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry forgot to mention, my pains go from my stomach, into my ribs and into my chest. Like a stabbing ache pain
  • Posted

You should have had antibiotic treatment for h pylori,but I think you can feel or actually be sick when you have an ulcer maybe you should ask your doctor.As for the breaking wind,is better out than being trapped.
    • Posted

yeah I was giving 4 different types but they said some cases it takes two treatments to take it away, so maybe it's a case of getting another course! thank you
  • Posted

A book can (should?) be written not only about H.pylori but above all - things doctors don't know about it, but should know:

- Tests are unreliable. Since it is mostly H.pylori causing symptoms you describe, rest assured that for as long as you have those symptoms, you have the bacteria too.

- Antibiotics are not reliable therapy either, as H.pylori quickly develops resistence. Study it first, read up all the papers you can (on places such as www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) and THEN make a decision what to do and how to approach it. One of the best methods seems to be pulsed magnetic field at 676Hz ( square wave).

- H.pylori is an intracelular organism, a fact that most doctors don't know. That means that the bacteria will emerge even after "Successful therapy" and the problem will return a few weeks after it has been supposedly cleared. The only antibiotic that can reach them inside our cells would be an - intracellular type of antibiotic. Typically that is Clarythromycin. But H.pylori can develop resistence even to that, so don't take it until you are sure you will win the fight.

- Bismuth-citrate mixed with Alove vera is one of the best ways to slow down the bacteria and help with healing the gut. Some compunding pharmacies make it and call it "bisma-gell". One should take it (on empty stomach preferably) for as long as necessary - there are no side effects, and it does slowly kill the bacteria only not fast enough. At least it certainly provides generous relief, much better than things such as "pepto-bismol". Bismuth is not toxic to humans (in small amounts) but is very toxic to H.pylori.

• Posted

Gas is not usually associated with H.pylori since it only stimulates production of acid, but does not really fermentt food... I would venture a guess that you have been infected with something else, probably in addition to H.pylori. If you live in less than perfectly sanitary conditions, or don't wash your hands properly before food, and/or eat in restaurants or fast food places, then you are a candidate for one of the protozoan infections such as E. histolytica or B. hominis, or G. lamblia or any other one... and they all have that one thing in common: poor digestion, lots of gas (very bad smell, or "putrid" as they say), and possibly stabbing pain and obviously - very bad digestion.

H.pylori typically produces burping and heartburn and that extra acid can create ulcers, but that takes time usually. Usually symptoms of H.pylori are releaved by taking baking soda (about 1/2 teaspoon and some water), that's how you can tell. But H.pylori causes no gas (wind/farting), and bad smell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.