Help!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

so, I've been doing everything, but this is how I've gotten here.... Aug 13th I was seen for a uti, I was put on antibiotics (macrobid) that didn't work after 5 days taking them, I was then on Aug 21st I was put on keflex for the same uti, after the 2nd dose of it I noticed a red mark on my back that itched (what now is explained by the harold patch), which I didn't realize at that time so I stopped taking that antibiotic and went back to the dr on the 26th and they put me on amoxicillin, and by then I had the rash on my lower back stomach and chest which patching all over that matched the harold patch, the er told me that one on my back was ring worm....so I was using benadryl cream and cortisone 10 and dermasil lotion for dry skin...didn't seem to make anything better but worse. so I went back to the er on the 28th and they started me on prednisone to help with the itching (ITS NOT WORKING) , so I bought aveeno body wash (no soap), it helps a little and I've also been using eucerin therapeutic dry skin cream, it leaves me very greasy and it eases the itching for a while, I feel as if I am about to literally lose my mind because of the itching and the rage I am feeling from the prednisone, if I take it I get super hyper on top of my unmedicated adhd. I wake up several times a night because I'm itching so bad my skin burns because of the rash. does the head and shoulders actually help along with the aveeno body wash? I feel as if this crap is taking over my soul and it's making me feel really gross all the time. it's been 2 weeks and I just want it to be gone..... any and all advise is welcome....I do not do sunbeds so that option is out.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

So I've had PR sporadically for the last 5 years. I've luckily never had any itching associated with it, but I've seen numerous reports of people using Head and Shoulders for the itching and it's worked! Worth giving it a go!!

Good luck!

• Posted

this itching is driving me insane, I feel completely disgusting because of it....I'm going to try the head and shoulders

• Posted

Aloe helped me. I bought stems from Whole Foods and kept them in the fridge. Cut a wedge and then just slather it on. The coolness helps too.

The cortisone shot I had has also helped. The rash has faded and it's not itchy or burning. The only negative of the shot is that it gave me insomnia for 3 days. Talk to your doc.

good luck!

• Posted

I had my PR for about 3 weeks and thought that it would never go away. I happen to be out in the sun all day after trying steroid creams etc and it completely went away the following day! I was so surprised that sun exposure was what did the trick.

• Posted

Hey! I just got diagnosed with PR on Friday after an itchy, spreading rash on my inner thighs. I was prescribed some steroid cream 3x a day. I just went out and bought l-lysine pills and emergen-c. I just did head and shoulders all over my body for the first time. I have noticed that the older spots are a lot darker and seem to be a bit drier. I have no idea if that's a good or a bad thing. I have only really had this for a week, but I am trying to nip it in the butt ASAP. I also went and ordered Prreeze off Amazon which should be here sometime this week. However, I am having a miserable time trying to sleep and I am so stressed out over this rash. I mainly just feel really ugly and insecure and I hope it doesn't spread anymore.

• Posted

so it has been 1 month and 2 days since I first noticed the harold patch and the rash broke out with severe itching.....my kid has finally almost gone back to it's normal color, still a slight discoloration and less itching. still some dry spots from it drying out. I have been using cocoa beautiful cocoa butter lotion with vitamin E. it is the ONLY thing that has helped with the itching and dryness and I'm starting to finally get relief, I am sleeping more at night and dont have the severe burning itching like I did....it however is also on my head....any advise on what to use for that?

• Posted

my skin lol not my kid

• Posted

i have had this for about a month and it doesnt seem to be going away! if anyone has any tips please message me! this is so depressing and ugly ans annoying! def going to try the head and shoulders! the dr i saw told me there is really nothing they van do bc they dont know much about PR

• Posted

I have been using coco butter lotion with vitamin e and using aveeno oatmeal body wash (no soap). I've had it for a month and its finally starting to go away

• Posted

i bet it's gone by now, bur in case you get it again...use avenno colloidal oatmeal, it's a powder you put in a lukewarm bath. Also a cream with urea should help. also reactine every 24 hrs helps with itchy skin but drowsy effect, do take at night. I was so depressed, if your tan or olive or dark skinned you will get scarred so don't scratch, if you already did you can buy over the counter stuff to prevent scars or minimize scars. It helps to wear cotton clothes without irritants so wash clothes with vegan detergent and no fabric softener. The above advice was given me by doctor. When it's peaking it will get flacky or peel or dry out so to speak. It usually lasts 4-6 weeks. If you're incredibly itchy it could simply be because of sensitive skin. Still check with doctor that it's not ringworm which can be picked up via pets. If they suspect ringworm they can do a skin scraping. pitriases rosea spares the face, palms of hands and feet. If you have marks or raised stuff on palms or feet bottom check for syphallis via a blood work. Cheers.

• Posted

Hi. I had the same problem last November for several weeks until I found something that worked. Try fexofenadine 180mg once a day and use cetraben as moisturiser and dermol or doublebase as shower gel. i also needed to use momethasone followed by betnovate (both strong steroud creams) because the inflamation would not go away. Unfortunately my inflamed skin refuses to get better but the itch is under control. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.