HELP: 8 Weeks ongoing pain in right side of back rib region when swallowing / coughing / breathing.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

For the last 8 weeks I have been suffering with pain in my right side of back in the rib cage.

The pain appears when swallowing food and sometimes liquids. Softer foods do not seem to cause pain, for example, banana / yoghurt / chocolate / sweet snacks / biscuits, but harder foods such as bread will cause pain.

The pain also appears when clearing my throat / coughing and recently taking a deep breath. The breathing pain has improved as it was extremely bad. Laughing also increases the pain quite badly.

I know this sounds very strange, my GP doesn't have a clue and is sending me for an upper endoscopy (I do have a hiatus hernia diagnosed in 2018) and Ultrasound of my back.

Has anyone suffered with anything similar? I am a 28 y/o male and I have had a FBC/Liver function/ Kidney function/Bone profile/ Thyroid and everything is normal.

Kind regards,

Tom

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.