Help, Am I withdrawing??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking 50mg of quetiapine a night for sleep, sometimes 100mg for the last 4 months.

I was constantly bloated, having indigestion and feeling sick and was desperate to sleep naturally again, so I stopped taking them last week.

luckily I have been sleeping well without them however, I think I may be having some withdrawal symptoms.

I keep getting hot flushes, terrible migraine, and cold sweats every night, where I'm waking up soaked in sweat but freezing cold. I've also been extremely emotional, crying, angry, and really drained!

Is it possible that I'm withdrawing eben though I was in a low dose for only 4 months?

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms when stopping quetiapine? If so how long will this last?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think giant generic drug company Teva makes my quetiapine. I read they have  poor quality and now after purchasing a very large, poor quality maker, Barr, things should be worse. Every one in a while suddenly, I can't sleep on my usual dose, and bad, pre-quetiapine symptoms return. I think they have bad batches. I write BB on the battle for (?) bad batch and complain to the FDA through my pharmacy. That really gets their attention. I've fallen for this about once every 6 bottles.

• Posted

Hello I've been taking quetiapane for 4 months too I've put on so much weight I take 50mg nightly if I don't take it im awake all night it's awful I can't seem to do without them I also take venlaflaxine 225mg daily

• Posted

Hi

I feel for you.

I've put on so much weight too. literally half an hour after I'd take them I'd be eating anything in sight!

I seen my doc and she said the sweats etc were withdrawals.

Thankfully the sweating has stopped and in sleeping naturally smile I was totally dependant on them for sleep so I know what you're going through. I honestly don't think they should be prescribed so easily! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.