Help! Can HCG urine test (pregnancy) be FALSE NEGATIVE while pregnant, due to medication?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody.

I'm really stressed and embarrassed to even post about my case on this forum, but circumstances are so that I'm desperate, and looking for help/ professional advise.

The questions are a bit unusual (probable 6th week pregnancy, but pregnancy test shows clear NEGATIVE):

I need to know:

• if there are ANY PREGNANCY-SUPPORTING medications that can give faulty NEGATIVE urine HCG 10 mlU/ml preg. test result (FALSE NEGATIVE), despite USG diagnosed pregnancy?
  • or is there ANY medication at all that would give FALSE NEGATIVE urine preg. test, (leaving the pregnancy in tact)

Long story short: My parter (45+) says she is pregnant (6 week now), but the pregnancy test shows a clear NEGATIVE result.

My guess is that she is not telling me truth.

She claims NEGATIVE test is due to the fact that she received a pregnancy supporting medication from a gynecologist, that is making the HCG test FALSE NEGATIVE.

She cannot recall what name of medication, and refuses to call/ask the doctor to tell me.

She also claims she is regularly attending to this doctor to monitor the pregnancy, but I was also never shown any USG results, or other proof. She gets mad for me even asking about that, accusing me of not trusting her.

My guess is that she is trying to simulate pregnancy. Please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.