HELP - Does anyone else get Hives from Cold since Developing CRPS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with CRPS in May of this year after a foot/ankle injury that occurred in March. I have had extreme cold sensitivity since late April and it seems to be getting worse. Besides the sharp needle like pain that occurs when something cold touches my foot/ankle I have now begun to develop hives when I am cold. The hives welt up and the whole area turns red and swollen and gets extremely itchy and because of the Allodynia I can't scratch. It is Absolute Torture.

Has Anyone ever experienced this? Is this normal with CRPS? Since I am still trying to learn to navigate through this diagnoses I am hoping someone can offer some advice.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have heard of this . I do itch but don't get hives. I get so bad I wanted to keep slapping my foot to make it go away. of course like you I am unable to touch. your nerves are going crazy in foot. you may need to up your nerve meds. they usually start out low dose. call your doc and ask. when i have a bad flare I take pain meds and keep telling myself to breath slowly and try and calm myself down. anything to distract. there are a lot of support groups out there that give great support and information. I belong to warrior's on Facebook. check it out and also others out there. I am also a newbie to this. I was hurt Jan .was diagnosed june. I am also lost on alot of things. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.