Help help

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 weeks ago my levo was upped to 100mcg and ive had a slighty swollen gland on left side of neck out my mind with worry any ideas please 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kimbley, this sort of thing is more common than you’d expect. Please read the list of side effects from the manufacturer. You may find some answers there, as levothyroxin can cause thyroid disease and can cause cysts.
  • Posted

Hi Kimbley smile To stop your worry and stress, go get it checked so you know for sure what it is. Although it is quite possible the new dosage of Levo is causing it, its best to get it seen by a doctor. There could be many reasons causing it, but I will say that I too had similar neck/gland problems, and when I had the dosage reduced, it went away. I agree with MtViewCatherine that there are many side effects with this medication and it could be that 100mcg is not the right dose for you just now. Best of luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.