Help. I just been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. I had this rash for a month now. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me tiamol to get rid of it. Any suggestions at all how to get rid of it. It all started it on my neck than went to my chest and one little patch on my tummy and back. I'm hoping not to be covered in these. I'm very tired also with it. Any advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would try tanning. It dried mine out and made them a bit more itchy. Mine weren't terribly itchy to begin with. Try to de-stress. I know that's hard. Zinc oxide at night helped me. Cool showers as heat made them worse. I wore very loose clothing and eventually got petals to use for a bra because I had so many under my breasts. I'll pray for you!!

• Posted

Thanks. My dermatologist prescribed me tiamol and told me that it will take it away. Well I woke up this am and the worse is gone off my neck. I have some new ones on the back of my neck but I'm just glad the worst ones are gone. I didn't get covered in them. But my neck was covered and only one patch on my stomach and back and some on my chest. So tiamol is working for me. Thank God!!

• Posted

Hi Trudy,

I got diagnosed with PR around 3 weeks ago... you'd never think it now as there's hardly any trace! 8 suffered so badly for the first/second week, it got so extreme across my chest and neck my skin felt like it was on fire. After I'd already gone to the doctors and been diagnosed I felt they didn't help at all so I went to the hospital on Sunday.

Altogether I had PR across my chest, breasts, neck, back, stomach and inner thighs!

They prescribed me with the following:

1) Betnovate 0.1% steroid cream (twice daily)

2) Dermol shower gel (daily)

3) Piriton allergy tablets 4mg chlorphenamine (for the itching, I take 3 or 4 of these in the day time)

4) Phenergan 10mg (another antihistamine, I take one at night time to help me sleep as it is also a sedative)

5) Prednisolone 5mg steroid tablets (6 daily over 4 days)

I have now finished my oral steroids and I'm still using the steroid cream on one or two spots on my chest but apart from that I am itch/PR spot free!! I really hope this helps! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.