Help i need advise about pinworms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Soooo... I have had pinworms or thread worms or what ever 2 times and told my parents and they gave me medecine

But i have it again! So im really embarrassed about this so please tell me a way to get rid of them without my parents knowing:)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've been struggling with the same problem for years and i've tried so many things. Firstly you must cut down on sugar, eat less sweets and chocolate as sugar is what the worms feed on. Secondly if you are hygenic ie. washing your hands after you go to the toilet, not biting your nails, changing your underwear every morning but you still get reinfected like me i believe this is retroinfection where the eggs which have been laid on the anus hatch and wriggle back up and mature there. What i found which helped was cleaning my bottom regularly and thoroughly wearing gloves and using coconut oil and then wiping with baby wipes. However eggs hatch every few hours so its to keep cleaning throughout the night especially when you have to wake up in the morning. You will notice a difference if you do this but they will not totally be eliminated. What i read by someone was to use sticky plasters and put them on the anus so that any worms get stuck and are unable to lay eggs. Thats what i'm trying next but my luck in this matter is not very good so far. I feel like totally eliminating them seems impossible but maybe its possible to keep them in low levels so you don't show symptoms. I hope this helps and i wish you luck,

• Posted

i know its hard to do but try to tell your parents pinworms can be very hard to get rid of and you should tell them so they can help you good luck im sure they will be ok with it

• Posted

The main thing you should do is not to touch the areas with your hands, eggs get stuck under your nails and when you eat or put your fingers in your mouth you swallow the eggs and it all starts again. A child I knew kept getting pinworms so her parents had to make sure she wore a onesie at night so she couldn't scratch in her sleep and then she was bathed every morning.

She wore trousers every day to stop her scratching. In the end the pinworms died off as the cycle was broken. They also put vaseline on her at night so the eggs would stick to it and she wore disposable pants so any eggs that had come off would not be in the onesie or the bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.