Help ! Mid-low back pain for 4 weeks no apparent cause

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im a 40 year old male with this middle low back pain/ ache but not quite the lumbar. It just came on out of nowhere and its a deep ache 3-4 out of 10 . Went to the doc last week and he thinks its a muscle spasm but it really doesnt feel like it, im not sure. It doesnt get worse with movement, i can bend, twist etc. It gets better within a half hour after i lay down and i sleep like a baby. Its also intermittent and comes and goes and it may disappear for a day or 2 but always comes back . Its so episodic its hard to tell what brings it on . I am also a truck driver but ive never got aches like this . Of course i google things and i should have never done that lol because im a smoker and now im convinced i have lung cancer that already spread to the spine with zero symptoms other than back pain lol . I do have health anxiety so it makes it 10 x worse . Has anyone dealt with something similar to this ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

one day at a time take a deep breath. many of us have been in your shoes and it is stressful to be swallowed up in fear and pain.

maybe ask for xray for back pain for proper diagnosis and prognosis.wear a elastic brace, back muscle exercises. sometime degenerative arthritis sneeks in snd or other aging or injury issues.

have you tried chantix for helping to quit tobacco. it helped me after i tried everthing for years. it slowly takes craving away. really works.

good luck on whatever you decide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.