Help:MRI contrast agent poisoning (cadavit)

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I'm almost giving up with life. 3 weeks ago I had am MRI with contrast (gadavit) at a private hospital in Maidstone. Not long after the scan I starting to experience burning sensations up my spine, a tightening of skin around my head and ribs, joints becoming sore. The symptoms are progressing daily.

I attended a&e twice last week and both times they said my blood creatinine level was good, so I must be imagining it. The private hospital and the consultant who referred me there have pushed me back to my GP, who I have seen once about this but who again isn't taking it seriously. The symptoms are definitely there and are too closely matched to Nephrogenic system fibrosis to be anything else.

given the good kidney function readings and the super rapid advancement of this could it be that they injected some of the contrast outside the blood vessel? I had the scan for weight loss issues and was cold on the day. As such, they took 4 attempts to cauterise me. Also, slightly strange, but our dog has looked at me strangely in the dark since I came back. Could he be seeing the contrast in my skin/eyes.

I really need guidance of what to do. Every day seems like a further nail in my coffin.

I'm so grateful for any response.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

just to add, my body is now constantly revd up and i cant sleep.

thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.