Help- Need good Walking Shoe- need wide toe box and arch support

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a Morton's Neuroma in one foot. I do pretty good in a shoe with a wide toe box, and good arch support. I usually do well in a few Danskos, the SAS Pampa Sandal and Birkenstock sandals. My tennis shoe is a Brooks Ghost- I use a custom made orthotic in these and do a good bit of walking in them. I am looking for more of a trail shoe for when we travel- instead of a tennis shoe, with a wide toe box and good arch support, as it helps with the Morton's also. Anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

OK you have a interesting and a group of complicated requests. I have same issues and it's just a matter of trying different shoes that are comfortable for you . What I like and what's good for me will not match your likes style and needs. We are all different and shoes has a widely vast variable of choices , not to mention prices . I use walk fit arch supports that fit in all my shoes and has less pressure on Morton's nerve.

if you really need to help heal your feet issues... a good place to start are with rocker shoes. Helped me tremendously while improving walking gate , Morton's nerve, heal to toe and balance is important also helps prevent from rolling ankles as you step foreword. Also helps with heel spurs and nodes on the arches. I have a long history of foot problems just sharing the things that finally helped me after years of searching.

• Edited

Thank you! At least I know there are others with my foot problems too! I will try the Walk fit Arch supports. By rocker shoes- I am assuming Dansko is an example? I do well with those, except the last pair I bought has less arch support than usual.

Thanks!

Penny

• Edited

I prefer MBT rocker shoes. . Good luck__ these things take months to heal as long as the weight/ pressure and walking gate is changed. it will get better...

• Edited

Also, are the arch supports full length or 3/4 or just the smaller arch supports?

Thanks!

• Edited

3/4 - hard enough to support and soft enough for comfort. available online or stores that sell them long with special shoes. much better than those silly spendy custom arches from the foot dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.