HELP NEWLY DIAGNOSED WITH GRANULOMA ANULARE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone!!!   First I am so sorry that whoever is reading this is suffering from this skin disorder its disturbing and frustrating to have something that has no cure.....  

I have some questions for those experienced with this stuff..

1.   Once you have one you will continue to get more?

2.  Will they get larger and larger or stay the same size they started out as?

3.  I have small cirles located on my shin, knee cap, top of my right hand, and now they have started on my elbow.

All that I have read is making me so scared about this skin disease that I am in tears.   The Doctor says he will do cortizone shots how does that work?  

As I sit here with cotton balls saturaged with ACV how long does that take to work and how many of you tried it..

Thank you everyone for you help rolleyes

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi, everyone seems to have varying , sizes , -amounts of spots, I was trying UVB treatment, which help them fade on legs , but feet rashes still purple, have now stopped the treatment , as was getting little burnt on my back, I used dermovate steroid cream on my arm s that made it go , used it twice a day, is a very strong steroid so we have to use sparingly, hope something works for you, maybe a lucky one and go after couple months , everyone different, take care Helen
    • Posted

Thanks Helen!!!  I am going to the dermatologist on Friday this week for the shots have you had that done?
  • Posted

Hi, I'm Sabrina. I read this forum which is very helpful. I've had GA for about a year! At first i was tramatuzed. My skin hurt! I read about going gluten free clears up the rash. Sure enough. Eliminating gluten has faded the rash a lot! I can live with the faint marks i have now. Also histamines. Look up foods high in histamines. Eliminate them for awhile. Then once the rash clears up maybe you can have some food high in histamines once in a while!I have heard of a dna test for $105. You send a strand of hair. Thy can tell exactly what you are allergic to! I may try it if mine ever gets bad again. As of now by eliminating gluten and histamines, taking allegra 180 mg twice a day along with zantack and cream for flair ups. I can live with the faint blotches.
  • Posted

Dear 'TripletMom712',

I am sorry to hear about your skin condition. Are these circles raised and/or do they itch? Did the doctor do a biopsy? Do you have any pics that you can post on this site. I had seen six different doctors before I finally found out what I have. A biopsy suggested that I had GA in resolution when I had Disseminated Porokeratosis. You can look at pics of my condition on a previous post. I sincerely hope that you can rid yourself of whatever it is.

Ron

• Posted

Hi Ron thank you!!!! When I went to the Drs two months ago I was diagnosed immediately my Dr knew exactly what it was then did a biopsy but he said he was 99.9% sure it was GA unfortunately he was correct!!!!I was shocked to hear there was nothing he can prescribe only thing he says he can do some Cortisone shots on Friday... The initial ones seem to be getting smaller, but the others are staying the same. I also started with saturated cotton balls with Apple Cider taping them On for hours...I'm not sure the correct way to use ACV but read about saturating them in ACV. What treatments do you take?
  • Posted

Dear TripletMom712, I have included a pic of some of the 'stuff ' I have tried in addition to ACV. Most of these meds were prescribed by doctors that were not sure what my problem is. It appeared that some of these exasperated the lesions rather than helping. I applied the ACV several times daily with a Q-tip over a two week period and didn't notice much improvment. The 40% zinc oxide diaper rash cream seemed to help the most. I don't know if this info will help since we supposedly have different skin conditions. You might read some of my earlier posts and check out my pics to see if there are any similarities. I had replied to 'helen17414' regarding sun effects. My best hopes are with you, Ron
  • Posted

I originally had one ring and then did get more. They got larger as time went by. I tried apple cider vinegar, cutting out dairy, cutting out gluten....none of it worked. My GA has cleared 90% in just a few weeks by a combination of using Ultravate ointment and Plaquenil orally. I hope this helps someone as I have dealt with GA for many years. Don't do cortizone shots!!

• Posted

Hi I actually did the Cortizone shots and they worked on most of them I'm going to post a picture... Why are you saying it's not good?

• Posted

Cortizone shots can cause nerve damage, thinning of the skin, etc. For me at least it wasn't worth the risks when it was offered by my original doctor and I am quite young and have moderate GA. I also luckily found a doctor that had the knowledge to offer an alternative that was a lot less invasive.

• Posted

I insisted since a lot of those other treatments don't work so far I don't see any discoloration in my skin . Also I heard they're using the Excimer laser to remove them now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.