Help on recovery after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have had a fisher for two years, have had Botox and two sphincterotomy surgery's my last done just two weeks ago.

i have had no relife, i am in the same position as i have been nothing has changed.

Has anyone else experenced this or can anyone advise to what next.

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It can take up to 6 weeks for the fissure to heal. So hang in there.

I had 2 LIS surgeries for my chronic fissure that lasted several years. My first one failed because the CRS didn't cut enough muscle. There was zero improvement/healing.

My second LIS was done by a different CRS and was successful. The fissure and incision were healed after 6 and a half weeks. Though the pain from the scar tissue took several months to heal.

My general advise to anyone with fissures (stuff that worked for me):

Do

-wash backside with water and dab until clean every time you poo. (Portable shower spray bidets are under $10 on Amazon or eBay)

-take a stool softener. Magnesium citrate and oxide worked best for me.

-use a stool or box to put your feet on when pooing, makes everything easier when pooing with knees higher

-take sitz baths - helps improve blood flow

-add to your diet: brown rice, pears, flax seeds, apples, kiwis, figs, prunes, berries. Coffee first thing in the morning really helped me too.

-light exercise, walking is best.

-be patient

Don't

-eat white flour foods (or any other foods that constipate you)

-go overboard with fibre and water. Fibre can increase bulk and make constipation worse. Too much water causes loss of electrolytes. Loss of electrolytes causes constipation.

-take laxatives. Laxatives are only for temporary use. You don't want your body to rely on them as it can cause more health problems.

-wipe with dry tissue. Wiping can aggravate the fissure and open it more

-sit down for long periods of time

• Posted

i am 5 months after anal fissure surgery. my fissure healed after 7 weeks. but still have pain after bowel movement, on the 4th month I went to a different surgeon and he told me after anal inspection with a tube and there is no fissure. He gave me calmoseptine and keep using metamucil. Another month has passed and still have pain even with soft stool. You mentioned that the scar tissue pain can last several months. How many please, because I have 5 months already. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.