HELP - Pelvic Pains on Left Side

Posted , 3 users are following.

In September 2019, pains started in pelvic region (left side) randomly. Had a doctors appointment in March 2020 and they performed stomach ultrasound and it came back all clear. Doctor referred me to gynecologic but then lockdown happened so it had to be postponed.

Pains continued the entire time on a daily basis, every single day. The feeling consists of an ache, but would turn into a throbbing pain. Sometimes it would make me feel physically sick. Sulphadine doesn't work, anti-inflammatories don't work, nor does anything else I have tried.

Due to lockdown and the extended waiting period for scans/appointments, I decided to go to a women's private health clinic last week. They performed a vaginal examination - all clear. They also did a transvaginal scan/examination and it also came back all clear.

Doctor at the private clinic suggested that it could be the early signs of endometriosis and suggested I take Mefenamic Acid/Ponstel. I'm worried about taking these though, since there are a lot of serious side effects. Has anyone used these before?

Does anyone have any advice on what it could be or what to next? It's making life unbearable and taking its toll on my physical and mental well-being. The pain would occasionally switch sides but it's often on the left side of my pelvic region.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

wish I could help but I'm in dreadful pain situation myself, where by I suffer with constant chronic pain from waist down including hellish pain around vagina and anul area. No one listening, ambulance refused to take me to hospital last week, so desperate had to phone them. I feel for u and hope you find help soon. What has the world come to when we are refused help for constant chronic pain. xx

• Posted

are you still dealing with this? any update?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.