HELP Please could it be lupus? Or RA

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my first post here and hoping for any advice. since 2013 i started having symptoms. At first general fatigue, odd bouts of bowl incontinence, dry skin and eyes, very heavy periods. I saw a doctor had bloods done, but no explanation for bowls, ultrasound said fibroid for periods, bloods low iron again. I have repeatedly low iron, take iron tablets, gets better, stop them and then happens again. Symptoms progressed in 2016, Had, hand, lower back and knee pains, severe fatigue, brain fog, constant low iron and now constant low folic acid and vitamin D. More odd bouts of bowl incontinence (only 2 times in a year). Again nothing done other than more iron. Fast forward over many doctors appointments and again aleays low iron, folic acid and now liver function always elevated (not by huge amounts) failed liver function tests this one highest at 72. Fatigue is unbearable, I feel like a shadow or ghost of whom i was. My teeth are decaying so bad yet ive always looked after them. Aches and pains much worse and lower back when goes off is severe. Cant think straight EVER, get very dizzy spells and nausea. Bouts of awful diarrhoea. Weird episodes of chocking on food! Scary, go to swallow and gets stuck, either have to cough hard or throw water down. Sweats then chills and now since September 2022 skin problems, really bad, had itchy full body rash, looked bit like bad case of scabies (was not), scarred my whole body, seems to have calmed some and now goes to my back and neck, plus my hands and feet itch, then blister, leaving big open wounds, heal then do it again. Had ultrasound on liver got all clear, saw dermatologist whom does not know skin problem but done bloods and low iron, low hemoglobin, failed liver function GGT test. They have sent letter to doctors to investigate. Im so sad. I have 3 beautiful children at home whom deserve the mum i was and can be, i have two older children and 3 grandchildren, my own business and i just cant cope with not being able to have the energy to just be normal. At least if i know what it is i can try and look forward to help symptoms and deal with it. Any advice is welcome, please ive been a very busy successful woman and i know 100% the difference between being tired and what something is really very wrong, so no middle age jokes haha

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.