Help please, Problems with tingling and muscle spasms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

About a month ago I woke up with a tingling sensation down my left side. It was mainly in my leg and hand, but eventually ended up in my face. This was on and off for a week. I could feel muscles over my eye and under it feeling strange. I went to the ER. They released me a few hours later and said you need to see your primary doctor. I went to my primary and they set up an urgent neurologist visit. By now my symptoms had gone away. Five days later they returned. This time i had uncontrolable muscle twitiching in my left calf. I also had random twitching all over. The following day it changed into my uper leg. After that it went into my right leg. Ever since I've had these twitching attacks those areas have been a little bit sore and had an overall strange feeling. I woke up this morning and felt a strange dull feeling in the centre of my lower back. My doctor set up an urgent neurologist visit but when I called they said the only thing they had was August. This is over five months away. I called back my primary and they said there is nothing they can really do at this point. This whole thing is scaring the crap out of me. I havent been the same since it started. I feel like it is getting worse everyday. I dont know what to do at this point. No one wants to see me because I have medi-cal. Its not the best insurance. I go back to Ireland in five weeks to visit and can probably see someone then, but I really want to get it sorted before that. If I go to the ER do you think they will help me or what should I do? Thank you for any help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ask your Doctor what it can be as you feel waiting will be detrimental to your health.

Also tell him can he refer you to another hospital, don't be fobbed off it might be nothing but they must not muck around with peoples lives.   I guess you could go private but it will cost a hefty sum.  

Good luck  and try not to stress as stress is a vicious circle and makes you feel worse.  Calm and suck a mint if you get a dry mouth it helps to swallow.

Win

• Posted

Can't see you until August??? That's ridiculous!!! I would try to go back to GP or find a new neurologist.... If symptoms get even worse go to ER....hope you are well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.