Help please, struggling with Sertraline side effects for 8 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 59 and currently into the 8th week of Sertraline at 50mg for anxiety and still having quite severe side effects such as high anxiety and a very senstive stomach which is making it hard to eat. I know it's side effects from the medication as the symptoms always start around 2 hours after taking it, I take the sertraline at 6am and do have some good days, on the bad days the side effects tend to ease off later in the day. I've used Sertraline twice in the past and once the side effects wore off I did really well on them but just don't remember the side effects lasting this long. The only difference this time is I'm taking 7.5mg of mirtazapine at night to help with sleep which my GP said should be okay. I'm just hoping to hear from other people that may have had a similar experience to put my mind at ease as I'm worrying myself silly about it which obviously doesn't help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

what brand or generic brand of sertraline are you taking? And have you changed brands/packs or stayed on the exact same brand? i get side effects off my sertraline after 4 months starting them, the side effects are awful and come on after 90 min/2hrs. I'm on Sun Pharma UK ltd Generic, sometimes called Ranbaxy I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.