Help...Stomach issues getting worse...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, I have decided to join this group to see if I can get any answers as I am worried. I have had Issues with my stomach/digression after eating for years, the usual bloating and gas after certain foods but nothing to bad. Recently (last 3 months) it has gotten worse, a lot worse. I now am at the point where after eating I can vomit sometimes from my stomach being so bloated, full/swollen and gassy. I went to see my GP 2 weeks ago as a lump appeared on my abdomen, he kinda brushed it of and said it could be a cist, the lump is still there. I have also started getting dull pains in my abdomen throughout the day. And my stomach feels full all the time. Had. I blood in my stool so far. My toilet routine has also changed irregular times and sometimes having to go twice or 3 times in a short amount of time.

Only this evening after eating (aprox 10min after) I fainted and passed out. Very light headed and dizzy.

Can anyone shed any light?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask for a fecal calprotectin stool test to check for inflammation and ask for a colonoscopy.  Change in bowel habit and blood should be investigated.  IBD needs to be ruled out as well as getting the lump checked.  It may be a hernia.  Has your doctor not suggested this?
    • Posted

Hi. He basically said that he thinks it's a cist. just seems a coincidence it has appeared within the period I my stomach has gott worse. I will see my GP tomorrow. I actually remember years ago I may have gotten gas and slight swelling/bloating once every month. I now get it 10 times worse 3 times a week, and with the fainting tonight has gotten me shaken.

• Posted

harvey54255

It is very important that you go back to see another GP and get a second opinion..

?If you are like many of us, we tend to go to see our Doctor, and come away not actually telling them  the whole facts about how we are feeling, and then come away feeling releived they have not found out a problem that would scare us.

?Take control and demand a better understanding from the medical profession on what could be wrong and what they can do to get you better. I am sure you are very worried, and this will not help your condition. Any stress affects ourdigestive system,

?Please let us know when you dee another GP who will listen to you. The sooner better so you can start to feel happier abt your health and have something for the condition.cry

• Posted

Hi harvey54255

Im so sorry to hear about the dreadful time you are going through right now. With all symptoms you are experiencing and the latest fainting episode its obvious your body is trying to tell you something..Although your listening to your body your doctor is not!!

You have to return to the surgery and request a second opinion which all patients are entitled to. Request an Ultrasound Scan and if nothing shows on there request an MRI Scan, Endoscopy and Colonscopy....obviously something is going on and one or more of these Scans will reveal something......don't be fobbed of that is what the HEALTH service is there for to see that you are well and healthy!.......best wishes for a speedy fiagnosis and an end to your suffering......

• Posted

I am not a doctor, but I have IBD and some of the symptoms that you are having are similar to what I have. You need to get it evaluated soon or you may end up in the ER like me. I kept getting weaker and the bleeding didn't stop. I went to the ER and they got me in to have a colonoscopy right away. It showed that I have Ulcerative Colitis. It can be dealt with.

• Posted

Request upper GI and colonoscopy.  Get an MRI of the abdomen.  Pepto Bismo helps for stomach problems as well as Peppermint tea.  Get tested for food allergies or keep a food diary to see which foods affect you...usually dairy, red meat, gluten, etc.  Ask for a blood test to check your liver enzymes.  Take a probiotic daily or twice daily.  If you suffer from anxiety like I do, it affects your digestion and may cause stomach pain.  I have IBS and anxiety/depression.  I take antidepressants and mood stabilizer.  It's all about the mind/body connection. Many of us who suffer from anxiety also suffer from stomach issues. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I have been back into the doctors several times now. What they have found in my blood after 3 tests are double the level of Billirubin. I have had 5 more blood tests today and a specif Billirubin blood test.

Can anyone tell me if this is something to be worried about or what it could indicate?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.